P.E. Sports Premium
The Compass Primary Academy understands and values the importance of physical activity and sport. The children are encouraged to undertake a range of sports and activities both within the Physical Education (PE) curriculum, at playtimes and also in extracurricular activities. The Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport have allocated ring-fenced funding to support the provision of PE and sport in schools.
In the academic year 2016/17 we will use this funding in the following ways:
- Subscribing to the Kettering School Sports Partnership, allowing children access to a range of resources, high quality coaching and inter school competitions.
- Becoming members of the Youth Sport Trust, allowing school access to high-quality resources and professional development.
- Employing a Specialist Physical Education teacher, allowing children regular access to high level coaching and enabling teaching staff to be coached and/or mentored as they are upskilled.
- Professional Development of staff to ensure high quality PE curriculum teaching. This year’s focus will be on Real PE.
- Opportunities for whole year groups to experience inter-school competitions.
- Opportunities for the whole school to be involved in a range of inter-house competitions.
- Purchasing further playground and wet play resources to encourage children to be active at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- Provision of further opportunities for children to swim with confidence.
The Compass Primary Academy’s lead PE practitioner is Mr Hall.
Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with our sporting successes!