Preparing your Child for Pre-School
We are very pleased that you have chosen to join our Pre-School. We look forward to working together to ensure that we achieve the best possible outcomes for your child.
When you are allocated a place you will receive our welcome pack with forms. This information is important so that we can help your child to settle in quickly.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child!
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to speak to any member of staff.
Ways you can help prepare your child for Pre-School:
- Encourage your child to dress and undress independently
- Get your child into a good bedtime routine
- Help your child to transfer from a beaker/bottle to a cup
- Talk with your child throughout the day
- Have lots of fun singing and reading stories together
- Help your child to learn to share and take turns
Here is a list of some things you need to remember before your child starts Pre-School:
- Return the All About Me form
- Attend your appointment with your Keyworker
- Create a password
- Give us up to date contact details
- Tell us about any allergies or medical conditions your child may have
- Dress your child in clothes and shoes that they can manage independently
- Put a complete set of named clothes into a named bag to put on their peg
- Name all clothes including the clothes they are wearing!
- Bring in a pair of named wellies to be left at Pre-School
- Talk positively to your child about starting Pre-School
Don’t worry, if there are any problems we will always ring you.