All schools have a duty to secure the regular attendance of their students through
- regular monitoring of non-attendance
- early identification of causes for concern
- swift communication with pupils, parents or carers about the problem
- finding a resolution to problems and securing return to regular attendance
It is a parent’s responsibility to ensure that their child attends school regularly and arrives on time every day.
Our school day starts at 8:50am and the expectation we have for all children attending The Compass Primary Academy is 97% attendance and to arrive to school on time.
For further advice and guidance about school attendance and absences please use the following links:
- Penalty Notices for Absences Code of Conduct - August 2016 (PDF format 276KB)
- Visit the Department for Education
The Public Health Agency have put together a useful guide on Inflection Control in schools. Please click here to view the guide.
The Senior Leader with responsibility for Attendance is Mrs Jo Fallowell.
The Education Welfare Assistant responsible for Attendance is Ms Dawn Gillett.