Caring for our Pupils
Compass Primary Academy has a dedicated Wellbeing Team available to support pupils and their families. The Wellbeing Team focus on the welfare and wellbeing of all children at Compass Primary Academy, they also provide support to children's families when required.
The Wellbeing Hub, which is at the centre of the school, has an open door policy. The Wellbeing Team focus on supporting attendance, wellbeing and welfare and work with external agencies to address safeguarding and child protection concerns. The team offer nurture, care, safety and emotional support to individuals in a calm and caring environment with a child centred focus.
The Wellbeing Team are:
- Mr C Reilly - Safeguarding Officer & DSL
- Miss D Gillett - EWA
- Mrs A Jones - Pupil Champion
We acknowledge the uniqueness of every child and work in partnership with our parents to ensure we meet the physical and emotional needs of every pupil.
We offer an extensive range of extra -curricular activities and enrichment opportunities to extend, enhance and encourage active learning and to nurture our pupils to achieve their full potential.
Pastoral care is provided both within small groups and on a 1:1 basis. Individual needs are met through:
- Bereavement Counselling
- Drawing & Talking
- Transition Support
- Emotional Literacy Support
- Attendance Monitoring and Support.
- Personal Development Groups
- Self Esteem and Confidence Building Support
- Sibling Support Groups
- Social Skills Programmes
- Protective Behaviour Sessions
- Family and Parental Support
- Young Carers Support Group
We have built excellent collaborations with many external agencies, the community and support programmes to provide the best opportunities for our pupils and their families to flourish, these include:
- Parenting programmes
- Adult learning opportunities
- Regular Parental engagement opportunities to further support pupils’ progress
- School Nurse led sessions and information workshops
- In School Food Bank