Children are at the heart of everything we do!
- Create lifelong learners
- Give the powerful knowledge to address disadvantage
- Create responsible citizens who have the self-belief and ambition to make a difference in the future
- Empower pupils to be creative, critical thinkers
- Prepare pupils for the next steps in their education.
- Nurture individuals who will care for themselves, each other and the world they live in
To do this, we have designed and created an ambitious and accessible curriculum that - as outlined in the National Curriculum - provides pupils with an introduction to the essential knowledge and skills that they need to be educated citizens. It introduces pupils to the best that has been thought and said and helps engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement. It provides a core foundation of knowledge around which schools have developed their stimulating bespoke curriculum developing pupils’ knowledge, skills and understanding.
Our curriculum has been designed and created by the National Curriculum and in collaboration with subject specific specialists. It has been refined with the support of local stakeholders to meet the specific needs and opportunities of each school’s unique context and community.
Please see below, and attached, our curriculum coverage for the year.