Patron of Reading
We are delighted to have Damian Harvey as our Patron of Reading.
What is a Patron of Reading?
A Patron of Reading is a school's special designated children's author or illustrator with whom the school forms a personal attachment. The author might be a writer of fiction, a writer of non-fiction, a poet, a storyteller or an illustrator. They will work with the school to raise the profile of reading for pleasure with pupils, parents and staff.
What does a Patron do?
- Damian will be visiting our school (at least once a year)
- Supporting with competitions and the Summer Reading Challenge
- Donate copies of any new books to the school library
- Share any new ideas they hear regarding reading, books and libraries
- Interact with pupils and parents on the school's website or the author's website
- Keep a blog on their website about how they are supporting our school