Compass Primary Academy has a dedicated Welfare Team available to support pupils and their families.
The Welfare Team are:
- Mrs K Greaves - Vice Principal & DSL
- Mrs A Hall - SENCO
- Miss R Duncan - EWO
- Mrs F Dunn - EWO
We acknowledge the uniqueness of every child and work in partnership with our parents to ensure we meet the physical and emotional needs of every pupil.
We offer an extensive range of extra -curricular activities and enrichment opportunities to extend, enhance and encourage active learning and to nurture our pupils to achieve their full potential.
Pastoral care is provided both within small groups and on a 1:1 basis. Individual needs are met through:
- Bereavement Counselling
- Transition Support
- Emotional Literacy Support
- Attendance Monitoring and Support.
- Personal Development Groups
- Self Esteem and Confidence Building Support
- Sibling Support Groups
- Social Skills Programmes
- Protective Behaviour Sessions
- Family and Parental Support
We collaborate with many external agencies and support programmes to provide the best opportunities for our pupils and their families to flourish, these include:
- Parenting programmes
- Adult learning opportunities
- Regular Parental engagement opportunities to further support pupils’ progress
- School Nurse led sessions and information workshops
- Our annual Family Information Fair – providing parents the opportunity to engage with external support programmes and access information and promote positive change within the family home
Below you will find our Welfare Team newsletter, which is published on a termly basis. In the newsletter you can find out about the support available to you as parents/carers and hear all about the latest services we offer such as school nurse drop ins and family learning workshops.