The Compass Primary Academy understands and values the importance of physical activity and sport. The children are encouraged to undertake a range of sports and activities both within the Physical Education (PE) curriculum, at playtimes and also in extracurricular activities and school sport.
The Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport have allocated ring-fenced funding to support the provision of PE and sport in schools. This ring-fenced funding has been confirmed for this year, meaning we are anticipating receiving £1600 plus £10, for every pupil from Reception to Year 6. This money must be spent on 5 indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular activity.
2. To raise the profile of PE and sport across the school.
3. To increase confidence, knowledge and skills of staff.
4. To provide a broad experience of sports to staff.
5. To increase participation in competitive sport.
Please see below our breakdown of both the spending and impact for 2020-2021 and 2019-2020.
The Compass Primary Academy’s lead PE practitioner is Miss Layram.
Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with our sporting successes!