The Compass Primary Academy understands and values the importance of physical activity and sport. The children are encouraged to undertake a range of sports and activities both within the Physical Education (PE) curriculum, at playtimes and also in extracurricular activities. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a significant amount of opportunities to the pupils to ensure they receive their 30 minutes of activity daily.
The Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport have allocated ring-fenced funding to support the provision of PE and sport in schools. This ring-fenced funding has been confirmed for this year, meaning we are anticipating receiving £1600 plus £10, for every pupil from Reception to Year 6. This money must be spent on 5 indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular activity.
2. To raise the profile of PE and sport across the school.
3. To increase confidence, knowledge and skills of staff.
4. To provide a broad experience of sports to staff.
5. To increase participation in competitive sport.
Please see our breakdown of both the spending and impact from previous years below as well as the intended spend for 2020/2021.
The Compass Primary Academy’s lead PE practitioner is Miss Layram.
Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with our sporting successes!