Week commencing 4th January to the 15th January
To help children learning to read at home during school closure, RWI are streaming phonics, reading and spelling lessons every weekday on their YouTube page, which can be found at:
Each lesson is ten to fifteen minutes long and available for 24 hours.
All lessons will be available at 9.30 am.
Set 1, 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will be available.
Set 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will also include new words for reading and spelling.
New daily films:
- Read longer words: for children who can read Set 3 sounds and words confidently.
- Read Red Words 1: for children who are reading Red, Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Reception.
- Read Red Words 2: for children who are reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Y1.
- Read and Hold a Sentence 1: reading and writing practice for children reading Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing with Set 1 sounds confidently and learning Set 2 sounds.)
- Read and Hold a Sentence 2: reading and writing practice for children reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing words with Set 2 sounds confidently and learning Set 3 sounds.)
Read Write Inc. guide for parents:
If you click on the link above, it will take you to the Read Write Inc. page on Oxford Owl for Home. Here you can find lots of free resources to support your child’s learning during the school closures.
They have lots of free Read Write Inc. Phonics resources to help your child continue learning, including eBooks, practice sheets, Ditty sheets, slideshows, and parent films.
Teachers who teach Read Write Inc. Phonics are trained to teach the programme, but don’t worry